Originally Posted By: Beth E
So, you gonna tell us? \:\)

It's so hard to be lazy around here!

Well the actual "meeting" was easy to guess cuz my mom was a nurse and my dad a new intern at Kings County Hospital (Brooklyn) in the early/mid 50's. She's from Brooklyn, he's from what would become Springsteen territory: Asbury Park, NJ (when it was still an Italian neighborhood). Apparently my dad was pretty shy and kinda naive but my mom gave in and went out on a date with him, thinking it'd be a one-shot deal since she already had her eyes on a CPA (stereotypes aside, she was looking for a Jewish man, not an Italian). She said back in the day the suitors would call on a Wednesday for a Saturday date; never same-day dates. After so many weeks of going out she finally kissed him because he would always just shake her hand and she was like WTF?

But the point is, they were excited to talk about it, and recalled things like it happened yesterday -- their marriage in San Antonio, Texas where he was stationed... how she wanted him to be stationed overseas (Germany for some reason) for the excitement, but he ended up requested Brooklyn of all places (good old Floyd Bennett Field)... their low-income housing experiences in Buffalo... it was just really cool to listen to them. And very weird hearing my mom talking about barely ending up with my dad! \:o ...and now it's been over 51 years they've been together.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations