Originally Posted By: dontomasso
 Originally Posted By: SC
You met Dylan???

Any story with that?

Yes. Back in the 70's Dylan and a bunch of other musicians T-Bone Burnett, Kiny Friedman, Joan Baez and others had a tour called the "Rolling Thunder Review." I saw the concert twice, and on the second night roadies were handing out tickets for a free taping of what was to be a television special (it has ever aired, instead they did another one in Clorado which did air. What became of the other tape I do not know.

Anyhow there were a total of about 100 people who got to watch the taping which took a full day and went into the night, and I was one of them. Just before they cut for a break Dylan said something unintelligible into the microphone.

They then took a break, and Dylan was milling around outside the studio where I also hapened to be. He lit up a cigarette, and I said something to him about enjoying this immemsly, and I asked him how he felt about being interrupted and having to do multiple takes of things. He said "Well ya know I've done a movie (Pat Garrett and Blly the Kid) and I am making another one (Rinaldo and Clara), and I've done a record or two, so its just the way it works. Then I asked him what he had said on the microphone, and he replied "I sent a message to everyone out there in TV Land, and since yer here you'll have to wait until yer there." He kind of smiled and I laughed, and took my leave not wanting to press my luck, knowing that Dylan pretty much keeps to himself. Definitely a great sense of humor.
All in all it was for me an extremely cool exchange.

Thanks alot for telling such an awesome story. During "Rolling Thunder" no less! I would've killed to see him in '75.

Hey, how's it going?