Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Yup, I knew, SC. But it's nice of you to point out for the others.

Now I know you remember they were on channel 5 on Saturdays, as opposed to Abbott and Costello, who were on channel 11 on Sundays.

I remember that PB! I think the show was called "East Side Comedy" and would start at 11:00AM on channel 5. It was years later that the show moved to channel 11 on Saturday afternoons.

I also remember that Abbott and Costello were on every Sunday at 11:30am. We'd watch them every week and then switch over to the 1:00 Football game!

The Bowery Boys were great. One of my favorite episodes is titled 'Let's Get Tough'when The Bowery Boys aka The East Side Kids crash an alliance between Japanese saboteurs and a German immigrant with pro-Nazi sentiments.

I understand that they are trying to make a DVD set with all the episodes, but some of the films are pretty old and worn and they need to attempt to restore them before putting them on DVD.

Definitely a set that I would purchase.

Originally Posted By: SC
Remember Scruno? (Sunshine Sammy Morrison).

Actually he was one of the original members of our gang!

The episode with him that stands out with me is when he meets Bela Lugosi in Spooks Run Wild!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.