Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
 Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
THE GOLDEN COMPASS
(First Viewing)

Finally a real fantasy movie and not the teases such as BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA or PAN'S LABYRINTH.
I like you, Irish, but that's got to be one of the shittest sentences I've ever fucking read.

And I love Pan's Labyrinth. It's one of the better movies I've seen recently. I wouldn't call it a "tease" unless you trust movie trailers, and by now Irish you really should know that trailers rarely represent movies the way they should. They are normally a marketing scheme to get butts in the seats.

Have you seen the movie Office Space? This fake trailer is probably the best proof that someone can take a movie and edit it into pieces to portray whatever emotions they want in order to get people interested. Office Space is a lighthearted comedy, but this trailer makes it look like a suspenseful thriller. Here's the link: Fake Office Space Thriller. Obviously this is an extreme example, but it's not too far off from normal movie trailers.

And like Capo said, "I like you" as well, so don't take this as some sort of an attack.

That was good Blibble, thanks and no offense taken by you or Capo. I guess I'm going to have to start becoming more cautious of trailers as the past couple of years in particular I've been burned by quite a few. Today it's the fantasy marketed movies that aren't really fantasy movies except for about 10% of the film. Or comedies where all of the funny parts are in the previews and the rest of the film sucks.