Mario Puzo and his widow Carol Gino (and also his editor Jonathan Karp) - at a book-signing for The Last Don in Manhattan (they were expecting me of course ;\) )

Al Pacino - shook his hand and got an autograph outside the stage door after a Broadway play

Al Martino - got his autograph after seeing him perform in concert opposite Henny Youngman; his assistant pointed out my GF cap ;\)

David Lee Roth - shook his hand backstage wishing him good luck before a performance

Director Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes ("Jay and Silent Bob"), with Stacey Farber from Degrassi - as reported here

Not sure if this counts, but I was at an "intimate event" with Spike Lee years ago for work, but don't think I ever actually went up to him

Fanboys of Marvel Comics: I knew a lot of 'em while working there, including Joe Quesada, editor-in-chief, and Avi Arad, producer of practically EVERY Marvel-related movie released since the early 90's (X-Men series, Spider-Man series, Blade, Hulk, Daredevil, etc etc etc)

Sandy Duncan - does she count? lol Saw her play Peter Pan on Broadway as a kid; got her autograph afterwards

Max Loubiere (Tour Manager for Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, and others) - I got Puzo to sign a hardcover Godfather novel to Billy Joel that I delivered to him personally backstage; still pissed I never met Joel cuz the freakin' Governor showed up \:\/

Many up-and-coming bands over many years being in the circuit... The Smithereens probably most note-worthy; got autographs from The Indigo Girls before I knew who they were, then ended up liking their music... (and if you include being up-close-and-personal in the audience as "meeting" (which I don't) I could include A LOT of very classic acts)

Let's not forget most of the team that brought you THE GODFATHER: THE GAME when they flew me out to EA in California in '06

...does email count? If so, then add Johnny "Paulie Gatto" Martino, and GF-related authors like Harlan Lebo and Peter Cowie, and also some no-names thus far...

I'm probably forgetting some, while also reaching at this point lol, but that's a start...

But I did see -- but not "meet" -- a few people like George Clooney and Didi Conn (Frenchy in GREASE) and others while in NYC, but they don't count...

...but I have a feeling I'm missing someone big...

---------ADDED----------

DUH!!!!!! I really did forget some BIG ones -- thanks, SC!

Sopranos characters: Paulie, Benny, Patsy, Vito and Gigi

As well as "Jimmy Whispers" from A Bronx Tale

...and I almost met, but chose not to bother, Coppola at the Brooklyn DVD release event, where I also hung out with one of Sonny's twins

Also, the humorous a capella group The Bobs multiple times.

Tourettes comic Twitchels

And I MAY get a chance to meet director John Waters on Friday if I go to his show...

Last edited by J Geoff; 12/09/07 02:56 PM. Reason: Thought of some more

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations