Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

Quote:
Tom was involved in any number of murders, so the reference wasn't to that. That Tom was so knowlegeable about history is what I think underlies Michael's "surprise" reference.

Refresh my memory here olivant. Where is there any indications made in the GF movies that tells or shows us that Tom is SO knowledgable about history?

And if anything , it would be BECAUSE Tom was involved in the planning of so many murders that Michael would be surrised that he, Tom, would make the statement that he makes about Roth.

I hope you two can reason together, and as a reasonable man I ask you to do what you can to see one another's point of view.
You both make good points, and DC I would cite to you Tom's conversation with Frankie about how Frankie was always a student of history, how he (like Clemenza) thought Hitler should not have been appeased, and how Frankie devised the family power structure along the lines of the organization of the Roman Empire. This shows Tom knew as much history as Frankie.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."