Watched both F/X (1986) and F/X2 (1991) tonight... I thought they'd be interesting since I like learning about special effects (sfx), and they were fun to watch despite being a bit dated (we've come a long way in the past 20 years! ;\) ) I kept saying to myself this'd probably make a good TV series, and apparently it was, tho I've never seen it nor has it been released on home video. Too bad.

Oh yeah, and I also saw the newer The Dead Zone (2002) -- basically the first 2 episodes of the TV series presented as a movie, and it was pretty cool. I've added the TV series to my NetFlix queue ...
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

The Dead Zone (1983) (based on the novel by Stephen King)

Directed by: David Cronenberg
Starring: Christopher Walken, with Martin Sheen

A teacher (Walken), on his way home with a coworker he's in love with, gets into a traffic accident and winds up in, and then awakes from, a long coma. He's now gifted (?) with the power to see -- and change -- the future simply by touching someone. This came in handy a few times, especially once he shook hands with a cheesy politician.

Speaking of cheesy, this was made in the 80s. \:\/ Performances were overly performed as a result. I like the idea of the story, but plan to see the 2002 version first (starring Anthony Michael Hall, which then became an of-course TV series) ...before I give a final comparison rating... but so far it's a **1/2 or *** of 5...

Final rating, 7.5/10

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations