Originally Posted By: SC
I rewatched "The Hustler" last night and am reminded that its a totally awesome movie! Not one bad performance in it, and its among the best movies of all-time. Paul Newman, George C. Scott, Piper Laurie and Jackie Gleason are all absolutely wonderful in this telling of a "loser's" trip to beomong a winner.

I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who has never seen it!!

(Look for the real Jake LaMotta ["The Raging Bull"] in a small role as the bartender in the bus terminal).

I watched it the other night. I haven't seen the movie in years. Great eye with LaMotta as the bartender! There's also another bartender in the very begining of the movie who went on to become a very well known actor----Vincent Gardenia.

I agree, a totally awesome movie with some really fantastic acting by all that you mentioned. I love the way that George C. Scott acts in that movie. Scott may be one of the most underated and forgotten actors of his time.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.