Clockers (1995)

Directed by: Spike Lee
Produced by: Spike Lee, Martin Scorsese, et al.
Starring: Mekhi Phifer ("ER"), Harvey Keitel, Delroy Lindo, John Turturro; with Michael Imperioli

"Strike", a young Black male (Phifer) from the Brooklyn projects, although seemingly well-meaning, gets involved in dealing drugs to make money under an older mentor (Lindo) who needs him to eliminate someone to prove he can be trusted. When the mark turns up dead, Strike's brother confesses to the murder. Keitel investigates in this urban street who-done-it that leaves the viewer (at least me) wondering until the end.

A post-Turkey Day On-Demand entry that caught my eye after seeing the filmmakers and cast. I really like Spike Lee, and seeing Scorsese having a piece of it -- with Keitel, Turturro, and Imperioli -- it was a no-brainer!

I enjoyed this one, despite some questionable acting in the beginning. There was *something* missing, I think, (lack of the requisite "love story"? not sure) but right now I can't put my finger on it... but I think it's worth a rental...

IMDb: 6.8
Netflix: 6.6
JGeoff: Agreed... almost a 7/10

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations