Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
 Originally Posted By: svsg
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

8.3/10 on IMDb and 3.7/5 on Netflix? Multiple awards? Maybe I am missing something here. But IMHO, I thought it blew. So there. \:p

**/5

How about the beautiful fight scene(with a hammer if I remember correctly) in a narrow passage? How about the whole plot twist? How about the hallucinations? You didn't find any of it interesting? Who says it is a horror movie, why does it need to terrify you?

Svsg, don't stress the man out. He'll have to learn one at a time.

Besides, who said OLDBOY is a horror movie? Hell, I don't know what the fuck to classify it genre-wise as.

I'd call it a psychological thriller. I never said it was a horror movie - I said it didn't terrorize me: it should've, because the main characters were being terrorized for the most part. I didn't feel any of what they were feeling, so I think in that regard it failed.

As for the "beautiful" fight scene of like 20 guys vs 1, I thought it was ludicrous. It's always been laughable to me how in martial arts movies (which I like), the "bad guys" always take turns going after the good guy - same thing here for the most part. But when they do get 8 guys on him at once, he turns into some super hero. Please. And some of those "punches" made Sonny Corleone look like Mohammad Ali. lol

The plot twist(s) were clever, and the movie was interesting -- I said that. The hallucination in the subway was a bit too much, though.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations