You saw the episode of Bizarre Foods where host Andrew Zimmern went around NYC. Reruns of his show air fairly regularly on The Travel Channel, and now's the time to catch up, if you've missed any. I'm not exactly sure when new episodes will begin airing.

As far as that unpalatable fruit, if memory serves me right, it was the durian (sp?). Zimmern couldn't stomach it, and he spit it out (though he has eaten stomachs, on occasion!). Now, this fruit also turned up on an episode of No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain (same channel). and Bourdain liked it. One of the cities Bourdain traveled to (I forget which one) had an ordinance against eating durian in public because of the horrid stench. I think it was described as something like foul, gooey burned onions that were rotting. Anyway, I've never had durian; I'm not that brave! \:x And, since I'm on the subject, new episodes of No Reservations will air in January.

Come to think of it, Zimmern does look like Don Cardi!

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."