Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
No idea, but considering that while COLLATERAL came out in 2004, that year Sandler gave us the silly 50 FIRST DATES and the rare James L. Brooks flick that failed to do shit at the Oscars in SPANGLISH. Take that in mind.

BTW, My girl made me go see friggin REIGN OVER ME this weekend. If the ads looked like a schmaltzy drama that too easily could be interpreted as a gay chick flick movie...for men.....you have no idea.

Don Cheadle, you're better than this. Adam, you're still in the doghouse.

REIGN OVER ME (2007) - **

I saw this on dvd today, Ronnie. Irish gave it 3 stars, you gave it two and a half. I'll split the difference with you guys and give it **1/2.

The acting was good enough (Don Cheadle saved the day) but the film was just too uneven for me. It gets the extra half a star from me because of the location shooting here in NYC. There were literally dozens of street signs, coffee shops and offices that I recognized first hand.

For some reason Sandler just didn't draw the sympathy from me that say, Cheadle would have, if the roles were reversed. Then again, no one's going to compare Sandler's acting chops to Cheadle's.

If you live here or love New York City check it out, if not, meh.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.