Originally Posted By: MaryCas
DC, my esteemed colleague, drill, drill, refine, refine....isn't that part of the problem? That's a band aid. Where are the long term solutions? Where is the long term plan to convert to solar, wind, water....and dare I say it..Nuculer.
Where are the government sponsered messages to conserve; 55 mph speed limits, remove every other light bulb, lower the thermostat in winter, raise it in summer, ride a bike, walk, TELECOMMUTE (remember that one?) There are no government sponsored messages because our government doesn't care. They have their own agenda and it ain't conserving energy or finding alternatives....there's no money in that.

Again, I don't disagree with you at all on all the points that you bring up. I'm not arguing on those points with you! My initial response was to your blaming the President for the high oil prices. The government as a WHOLE is a part of the problem and the OPEC nations as well as the big Fund Management companies are an even bigger part of the problem.

Our own drilling and own refining is not a band aid by any means. It is the start in the right direction. And as you point out we must also start to implement other programs such as solar, wind and water alternatives as ways of producing energy. Of course those kinds of actions would help us to preserve energy and oil that we could drill for and produce on our own.

I've always wondered why a passenger car/vehicle needs to have the ability to travel at speeds above 70 miles per hour!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.