GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 352 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,452
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,936
Members10,349
Most Online992
04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 57 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 56 57
Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Longneck] #448590
11/07/07 06:20 AM
11/07/07 06:20 AM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
The prices jumped 8¢ a gallon from yesterday to today at one station I pass on my way to work. I pass a dozen gas stations daily and they're now all over $3.00.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: SC] #448594
11/07/07 09:41 AM
11/07/07 09:41 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Average of $3.07 here. \:\( As far as "why", I don't really care anymore. It's all yada yada yada. Same shit, different day. Like MC says, we bend over and take it in the rear.

I notice it so much more this year since I have moved and have been commuting to work. Between gas and smoking I'd save over $350 a month. Too bad I can't do anything about the gas expense.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #448619
11/07/07 10:44 AM
11/07/07 10:44 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I bought gas at my local Costco about 10 days ago and paid $2.559. Yesterday it was $2.759. I know that's still reasonable compared to some of the prices I've been reading here, but it's still a pretty significant jump in such a short time.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Don Cardi] #448633
11/07/07 11:22 AM
11/07/07 11:22 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: olivant

.......or olive oil.

olivant, are you familiar with the story of the infamous SALAD OIL SWINDLE?

I was working at the Wall Street Journal in the early Sixties when the writer of that story, Norman (Mike) Miller moved to NYC from one of our out of town bureaus. He introduced himself to me: "Hi, Mike Miller, food beat..." He rolled his eyes as if the "food beat" was the least appealing assignment he'd ever gotten. Then he dug his way into the salad oil swindle and won himself a Pulitzer Prize. And that was on the heels of the Great Fertilizer Scandal (Billy Sol Estes):

Oh what have you done, Billy Sol, Billy Sol.
Oh what have you done, charming Billy.
You took almost every cent
From the U.S. Government,
Which you spent on fertilizer, which is silly.
(I bet SC remembers this)

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Longneck] #448667
11/07/07 12:47 PM
11/07/07 12:47 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: Longneck

I paid 3.15 for premium the other day

3.25 yesterday...and that was the cheapest around!

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Longneck] #448675
11/07/07 01:04 PM
11/07/07 01:04 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline
Just Lou  Offline

Staten Island / New Jersey
Some experts are projecting $4+ a gallon next summer.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Don Cardi] #448683
11/07/07 02:03 PM
11/07/07 02:03 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: MaryCas
oh, and BTW, does anyone know how much investment $$ Bush and Cheney have in the oil industry?

MC, I'm not particulary defending the Bush family here, but I am also sick and tired of hearing people make these kinds of remarks.

So in truth the theory of the Bush family manipulating the price of Oil is in fact a weak theory.

the Investor Funds are the ones that are guilty of having the power to really manipulate the price of Oil these days.

To blame the Bush family for the rising price of Oil is just the reaction of those who really have no understanding of what has been going on in the oil industry over the last 3 or 4 years. And that is in no way a knock on you or anyone else that doesn't because the average person really doesn't know what takes place in the oil industry/investment world as a whole.

So, I guess you don't know the answer to my question. And I don't BLAME the Bush family and I don't have THEORIES. But what I am SICK and TIRED of is the endless parade of gas guzzling, oil sucking vehicles and a "civilized" world that is controlled and manipulated by rich, greedy, self-serving politicians and industrialist. The general public is stupid and easily manipulated. We elect officials to protect the general public, but short term gain for them is equating to long term loss. Forget that slippery slope, we're spiraling into the great abyss.

I'm not looking at the past 3 or 4 years. I'm looking at the past 35. Go back to the energy crises of the mid and late 70s. Lessons not learned. The future of the planet is not in fossil fuels.....or should I say, not in the way fossil fuels are controlled and utilized today. And in that regard, what is Bush's plan? a war? I don't recall hearing anything else.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Just Lou] #448698
11/07/07 03:18 PM
11/07/07 03:18 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: Just Lou

I saw that in some areas in California it's $4.15 for regular NOW

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: MaryCas] #448750
11/07/07 06:29 PM
11/07/07 06:29 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

I'm not looking at the past 3 or 4 years. I'm looking at the past 35. Go back to the energy crises of the mid and late 70s. Lessons not learned. The future of the planet is not in fossil fuels.....or should I say, not in the way fossil fuels are controlled and utilized today. And in that regard, what is Bush's plan? a war? I don't recall hearing anything else.

And I don't disagree with you about us and our leaders NOT learning from what took place over the last 35 years.

We've had these discussions many many times here on the boards about what Bush has proposed and what has been voted against, knocked down and torn apart : Drilling for our own oil and building more refineries.

The envirementalists that support those in congress and in the senate are the ones responsible for making us dependant on foreign oil. Their ignorance has place you and I, the average consumer, at the mercy of the OPEC nations and the Big Investment funds that have been manipulating the markets and the price that you and I pay at the pump and to heat our homes.

Again, I've discussed this issue at length many many times in the past and no longer wish to get into the fine details of what has happened and how it could have and still can be prevented.

Bottom line no matter what is that you and I get screwed.

Drill, Drill, Refine, Refine. That's what needs to be done!

Your taking this very personal. MC, it's strictly business and you're taking it very personal. ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Don Cardi] #448753
11/07/07 08:06 PM
11/07/07 08:06 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
What are the chances that prices will come down right before election time next year?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Longneck] #448771
11/07/07 09:58 PM
11/07/07 09:58 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
 Originally Posted By: Longneck
 Originally Posted By: Just Lou

I saw that in some areas in California it's $4.15 for regular NOW

What parts of California?? It has been fluctuating between $3.30 and $3.40 for the past couple of weeks here in the Bay Area.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Blibbleblabble] #448799
11/07/07 10:17 PM
11/07/07 10:17 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
On my way to work I passed a station (one of those stop n' go type convenience stores with gas station) and it was $3.60 or so for regular and $3.70 something for premium. \:o I am still breaking myself into accepting $3.00 but that's outrageous. Face it, if "they" want "they" can say whatever and up it to $5.00 per gallon and we once again are fu*cked .

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #448813
11/08/07 01:38 AM
11/08/07 01:38 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
You've got to remember that selling gasoline is a business. People get into it to make money.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: olivant] #448827
11/08/07 04:03 AM
11/08/07 04:03 AM
New York
SC Offline OP
Consigliere
SC  Offline OP
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: olivant
You've got to remember that selling gasoline is a business. People get into it to make money.

Do record profits mean anything?

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #448854
11/08/07 08:41 AM
11/08/07 08:41 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Face it, if "they" want "they" can say whatever and up it to $5.00 per gallon and we once again are fu*cked .

TIS

TIS, what letter is the asterisk replacing?? I think you need a hug.

DC, my esteemed colleague, drill, drill, refine, refine....isn't that part of the problem? That's a band aid. Where are the long term solutions? Where is the long term plan to convert to solar, wind, water....and dare I say it..Nuculer.
Where are the government sponsered messages to conserve; 55 mph speed limits, remove every other light bulb, lower the thermostat in winter, raise it in summer, ride a bike, walk, TELECOMMUTE (remember that one?) There are no government sponsored messages because our government doesn't care. They have their own agenda and it ain't conserving energy or finding alternatives....there's no money in that.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: MaryCas] #448858
11/08/07 08:52 AM
11/08/07 08:52 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
because our government doesn't care. They have their own agenda and it ain't conserving energy or finding alternatives....there's no money in that.

If they actually had a real job where they had to EARN a paycheck and not live off TAX PAYER MONEY things might be different.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Mignon] #448865
11/08/07 09:50 AM
11/08/07 09:50 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
 Originally Posted By: Mignon
because our government doesn't care. They have their own agenda and it ain't conserving energy or finding alternatives....there's no money in that.

If they actually had a real job where they had to EARN a paycheck and not live off TAX PAYER MONEY things might be different.

....and they EARN those big fat pensions too.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Mignon] #448866
11/08/07 09:54 AM
11/08/07 09:54 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
It's not just what we're paying at the pumps, it's what we're paying, paying, paying for everything. The added cost of transportation is raising the prices of everything. Has anyone checked out the price of food? My local supermarket is charging $1 per pound for yams. How ridiculous is that? And the cost of eating out has gone through the roof. And we're not even touching on the cost of heating our homes this winter. We are paying through the nose for everything, and we're getting screwed left and right.

MC, I agree that we need to look into alternative energy sources. That's the only long-term solution. Unfortunately, the technology exists, but it is too far out of the reach of the average consumer. I know I posted here once that we looked into putting solar panels onto our roof. It was ridiculously expensive and it would take decades for us to get our money back. If it was more affordable, we would have done it in a heartbeat.

And what's wrong with making the energy-efficient hybrid automobiles more attractive economically? Why shouldn't the government be offering more rebates? These cars are also out of the reach of the average consumer.

I don't know all the answers. I wish I did. But steps need to be taken, because the middle class is being suffocated. I know we're used to being squeezed, but it's gone far beyond that in the last few years.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: MaryCas] #448875
11/08/07 10:46 AM
11/08/07 10:46 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Face it, if "they" want "they" can say whatever and up it to $5.00 per gallon and we once again are fu*cked .

TIS

TIS, what letter is the asterisk replacing?? I think you need a hug.

DC, my esteemed colleague, drill, drill, refine, refine....isn't that part of the problem? That's a band aid. Where are the long term solutions? Where is the long term plan to convert to solar, wind, water....and dare I say it..Nuculer.
Where are the government sponsered messages to conserve; 55 mph speed limits, remove every other light bulb, lower the thermostat in winter, raise it in summer, ride a bike, walk, TELECOMMUTE (remember that one?) There are no government sponsored messages because our government doesn't care. They have their own agenda and it ain't conserving energy or finding alternatives....there's no money in that.

We certainly need alternatives to fossil fuels, and we are decades behind in this. It would be better environmentally too.

I believe the government has responded poorly to this, and while it is not government's function to develop the alternatives, there are measures, like grants and tax incentives that could put this objective on the national front burner.

In addition to securing mind boggling profits, the oil companies have very powerful lobbies and exert political influence.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: MaryCas] #448876
11/08/07 10:52 AM
11/08/07 10:52 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

Again, I don't disagree with you at all on all the points that you bring up. I'm not arguing on those points with you! My initial response was to your blaming the President for the high oil prices. The government as a WHOLE is a part of the problem and the OPEC nations as well as the big Fund Management companies are an even bigger part of the problem.

Our own drilling and own refining is not a band aid by any means. It is the start in the right direction. And as you point out we must also start to implement other programs such as solar, wind and water alternatives as ways of producing energy. Of course those kinds of actions would help us to preserve energy and oil that we could drill for and produce on our own.

I've always wondered why a passenger car/vehicle needs to have the ability to travel at speeds above 70 miles per hour!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Don Cardi] #448885
11/08/07 11:28 AM
11/08/07 11:28 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I don't deny the Big Picture: Oil is in finite supply, but demand keeps going up, partly from Americans who need 500-hp cars to commute to work, and especially from China, India and Russia where private automobile usage was limited previously. But the other side is oil company profit-gouging. If the refiners are "merely passing on the higher cost of a barrel of crude," then how can they be making record profits?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Turnbull] #448902
11/08/07 12:43 PM
11/08/07 12:43 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
DC, do you really think I'm arguing? what makes you think I'm arguing, I don't argue, so what the F makes you think I'm arguing? Do I argue with you? Am I here to F'in argue with you? What makes you think I'm arguing? - from Joe Pesci's remake of Goodfellas. As Michael said, this isn't personal Don C, just business. LOL, :>) I think I love you.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: MaryCas] #448933
11/08/07 02:54 PM
11/08/07 02:54 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
DC, do you really think I'm arguing? what makes you think I'm arguing, I don't argue, so what the F makes you think I'm arguing? Do I argue with you? Am I here to F'in argue with you? What makes you think I'm arguing? - from Joe Pesci's remake of Goodfellas. As Michael said, this isn't personal Don C, just business. LOL, :>) I think I love you.

So what are you so afraid of?
Afraid that you're not sure of
A love there is no cure for

Or

Morgan, Wyatt is my friend
But I think I'm beginning to love you.

Last edited by olivant; 11/08/07 07:32 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: olivant] #448950
11/08/07 05:03 PM
11/08/07 05:03 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Gasoline has cost about $4.00 a gallon in Europe for years, and it comes as no surprise that it is now happening here. Once the price gets too high market forces will take over and whoever is selling cars that get decent mileage will make a fortune, and the morons in what is left of Detroit are going to be stuck with a lot of excess Hummers and Esclades.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: dontomasso] #448963
11/08/07 06:28 PM
11/08/07 06:28 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
One station has gas today for 3.02 another station for 3.09 another has it for 2.97.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Mignon] #455629
12/05/07 09:11 AM
12/05/07 09:11 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Well the gas prices are doing their yo-yo act again, but have you heard the ads for "close the enron loophole" (.com)? Apparently there is a "loophole" that allows traders to make lots of money by monkeying around with oil futures. I find that hard to believe! \:o BASTARDS!

Check out this website. Close the Enron loophole .....and we all remember how that company violated human dignity.

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: MaryCas] #455635
12/05/07 10:24 AM
12/05/07 10:24 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I think our gas prices have basically doubled since "the war on terror" and Katrina. I know our prices were considerably less than those in Europe, but has this same increase happened there?

Simple economics says that if supply is down - the excuse relating to the Katrina effect - then prices rise. There should be no affect on the profits of the oil companies. The same would hold true if supplies increase - the price falls but the increased volume offsets it and profits are stable.

The fact that each and every oil company has record profits each quarter since this is evidence of gouging and fraud.

Last edited by Don Marco; 12/05/07 01:45 PM.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Don Marco] #455670
12/05/07 02:55 PM
12/05/07 02:55 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
I got gas yesterday for 2.72 but I had 10 cents off so I got it for 2.62.

Did the price per barrel come down?

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: Mignon] #455672
12/05/07 03:12 PM
12/05/07 03:12 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
 Originally Posted By: Mignon
I got gas yesterday for 2.72 but I had 10 cents off so I got it for 2.62.

Did the price per barrel come down?

I think I saw it was down to $89, but as we've learned that is only one of many factors in gas prices....GREED is no.1

Re: What the F*CK is Going on with Gas Prices? [Re: MaryCas] #455677
12/05/07 03:52 PM
12/05/07 03:52 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I'm still paying $3 around here, but that's only at Costco or in NJ. If I bought gas from the guy around the corner, it's about 20 cents per gallon more than that.

Page 9 of 57 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 56 57

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull