Herzog's Nosferatu, Phantom der Nacht (1979) merits a mention; I'd put it on par with Murnau's, at least after several viewings - it's thematically quite different, and quite easily dismissed as a misunderstood remake, but no, Herzog makes it his own, and Kinski's both sympathetic and terrifying, more like a pathetic, heart-broken rat than a monster.

Fans of Nosferatu might enjoy Elias Merhige's Shadow of the Vampire (1999), a re-working of the original's themes by means of making it a meta-narrative (film-within-a-film) - John Malkovich plays Murnau, Willem Dafoe plays Max Shreck, a local vampire who agrees to work for Murnau, but only at night. It's a clever reconstruction of the first while exploring the predatory violence of the medium itself - filming someone is essentially filming them die.

As a more deviant in the genre, I'd recommend Clair Denis's Trouble Every Day (2001), starring Beatrice Dalle and Vincent Gallo. It's not a vampire movie per se, but has been dubbed so by many critics, including Denis herself. It's one of the most horrific and convincing explorations of "erotic desire as violence" I've ever seen. A dark, haunting, artsy gothic horror.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?