Fidel (2001) (documentary)

This seemed somewhat pro-Castro for the most part - but after the decades of apparent propaganda I've heard about Cuba and Castro from the US Government, I'd like to think it's the truth! This is a MUST-SEE, accurate or not! (Well, of course it's accurate - it's all historic footage. It just may not include all of the "other side" of things.) But this presents Castro as practically an admirable leader who lead his country out of dictatorship (I thought that somewhat ironic) to improve itself, and to improve conditions in other similar struggling countries. Castro helped put a stop to apartheid in South Africa -- probably more than we ever did (cuz there's nothing in it for us perhaps? Like ending global genocide? What genocide? \:\/ ) I'm certainly no scholar of history -- so if someone has an opposing source I could watch, I'd love to see it. But this video practically makes me admire the man. (Well, even "evil" figures can be admired for their accomplishments - but I mean even as a person)... and as shown in this video, with many American celebrity sympathizers, Castro isn't "evil" at all... (at least not as much as our CIA!)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations