Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
I think every DVD I buy is worth watching again, otherwise I wouldn't buy it. Secondly, I don't buy every DVD on the market (I wish I could but I don't). Finally, most of the movie reviews in this thread isn't from my own personal DVDs that I own. They're eithered borrowed from friends or rented from Blockbuster ;\)

I meant to ask you this before and I can't remember if I actually did, so I apologize if I'm repeating myself.

What are you going to do when HD-DVD or Blu Ray discs take over. Are you going to purchase all of your movies over again in those formats?

No way man. I have over 700 DVDs and it's growing (literally weekly). From what I heard, and I could be wrong about this so don't quote me, but Blu-Ray players are able to play standard DVDs to avoid this dilemma. I think Blu-Ray will eventually win out but if this is indeed correct, then we're all covered. Sure I'd like to get them all again in high def, but financially it'd kill be and be too time consuming. Plus, if the movie wasn't filmed in high def (for example, SCARFACE), there isn't much of a difference in picture. Not only that, but I've been comparing the special features on standard and Blu-Ray DVDs and for whatever reason, the Blu-Ray DVDs don't have many special features while the standard DVD release did