Originally Posted By: Irishman12
I agree with everything you said except this:

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
his films in general are just recycled garbage which other people did a lot better before him.

I personally can't think of a better action director than Woo. As I said, in my opinion, he did for gun films what Kurosawa did for samurai films. My second favorite action director is Michael Bay and surely you don't think Bay is better than Woo?

You know, I would have lost total respect for you after saying that Bay is your 2nd favorite action director.

Then I realized....I didn't have any fucking respect for you anyway.

No love for John McTiernan, the fucker behind DIE HARD, DIE HARD WITH A VENGENCE, the only good Tom Clancy movie in THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, or the classic PREDATOR, or even the decent THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR.

Besides, look at 2006 and 2007 alone. Losers like Bay and has-beens like Woo have been made irrelevant.

Look at last year's CRANK, which was a better Michael Bay movie than Michael Bay could ever muster...and for $140+ million less.

Plus, it was actually a good movie that rocked.

Then this year with SMOKIN' ACES from Joe Carnahan, or weeks ago with the incredibly insane yet awesome SHOOT' EM UP.

[ DELETED ]

Last edited by J Geoff; 10/18/07 12:21 PM. Reason: RRA's hard-on for I12 has given him a 3-Day holiday