GRIDIRON GANG 1/2
(First Viewing)

In the Kilpatrick juvenile detention center, the supervisor and former football player Sean Porter sees the lack of discipline, self-esteem, union and perspective in the teenage interns and proposes to prepare a football team to play in one league. He is supported by his superiors and his successful experience changes the lives of many young kids.

Well I've concluded watching The Rock's films (I'm waiting for THE GAME PLAN to come out on DVD). I'll give this film some respect, it was better than I originally thought it would be. However, I'm getting tired of these inner city/true story/inspirational stories (FREEDOM WRITERS and GRIDIRON GANG quickly come to mind). The Rock continues to be an enjoyable actor although he has fallen below standards. I don't really understand why as his films aren't horrid, but he hasn't had that big role yet to put him over. I remember thinking it was going to be THE RUNDOWN but it just didn't turn out that way. Personally, I'd like to see him work with the WWE on a film a la Kane, John Cena, and Stone Cold Steve Austin.