I totally agree, but he would undeniably be the kind of utility/bench player the Yankees could use (rather than another power-hitting DH).

The good think is that the Yankees do have some very good prospects for position players, the problem is that they are too young to be promoted to the MLB level. Jose Tabata (outfield) is still probably another year away from full-time duty; projections give him Manny Ramirez power and great-but-not-elite defense. This will work well with Abreu's contract, because it will expire after 2008, allowing Tabata to slide into right field.

Similarly, there are a couple of other big names coming out of Trenton and Scranton-Wilkes Barre. Austin Jackson (SS) will probably eventually replace Jeter, Jesus Montero will replace Posada. But again, it takes time, and they guys are young (like I said, Montero is barely 18).

Besides, I highly doubt that the Angels would give up any decent prospects for Giambi. Figgins is expendable because he is a utility player without a position, and the Angels need power hitting. But again, this is all speculation. I'm sure the Angels will go after A-Rod hard, and Bonds even harder.

Still, I would love to send Giambi off to the West Coast.