Warnock Confirmed as Palace boss

Crystal Palace have appointed former Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock as their new manager as a replacement for Peter Taylor, who was sacked on Monday.
Warnock, who had been out of work since resigning from the Blades at the end of last season, said: "This will be my last job. And I can offer a lot.

"The chairman Simon Jordan and I are ambitious people who want to achieve."

Jordan added: "I chose Neil because he is a winner, he has a desire to be successful and he leads."

The 58-year-old Warnock has enjoyed six promotions during his 21-year managerial career.

And with Crystal Palace 19th in the Championship table, he will be hard pushed to make that seven this season.

But both Warnock and Jordan insisted they have set no target for the club this campaign, simply stating in unison they only "want to win as many games as possible".

Warnock knows there is no easy route to success and made it clear he will be looking for the players to step up.

He said: "The players have to want to give everything otherwise you will just get steamrollered.

"We have got to have desire, first and foremost, to be able to win anything. That is what I will be looking for."

Asked whether Warnock will be provided with funds to bolster the squad, Jordan made it clear that he will support his new manager - as long as he feels the requests are reasonable.

"If Neil needs something and he has a good reason for it, he will get it. If he does not have a good reason for it, then he won't.

"But I know Neil is determined to do a good job. I always used to benchmark our progress I at Palace by the results we had against Neil Warnock's Sheffield United.

"I know I have the right man. It is the dream ticket. We both say what we mean and we mean what we say."

Warnock revealed that he will be bringing Mick Jones and Keith Curle to the club as part of his coaching staff.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon