THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 1/2
(First Viewing)

Young DJ Vantia Block is hosting a music show when two renegade hoodlums phone her and start making trouble. The situation changes rapidly as the kids drive to a passageway and get sawed to pieces by Leatherface while the shocked DJ listens the kids' screams. Local sheriff approaches Block and convinces her to play the recording made from the phone call on radio, hoping that the killers would show up.

A horrible way for Tobe Hooper to follow up his classic TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE. Where to begin? First, they made Leatherface too soft with his crush for the main star, Caroline Williams. Leatherface is a cold blooded killer who would have sliced her without even thinking about it. Secondly, I didn't beleive Caroline Williams as much. She didn't seem to be a good victim. Her acting was rather stale and I believed Marilyn Burns who played Sally Hardesty in the first film more. She made me believe her life was in jeopordy when she was running from Leatherface. Finally, this is just a prime example why the second half of Dennis Hopper's career has been sh*t. Because for every HOOSIERS or SPEED he gives you, he also gives you a film like this.