WHY!?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Killer Strikes Again

October 8, 2007 - John Woo's 1989 action film The Killer will be getting the remake treatment courtesy of Korean-American director John H. Lee, who intends on setting the new version in Los Angeles rather than Hong Kong. The script is currently in the works.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, a Korean actor will be subbing for Chow Yun-Fat, star of the original film. Woo's producing partner Terence Chang revealed at the Asian Film Market that the remake will take place in L.A., specifically in Koreatown, South Central and Chinatown.

"The actor has to be Korean in this version, but also, L.A. is a character in the film," Chang informed THR. "In John's original version, it doesn't really matter where the film is set, except that Hong Kong has this dragon boat festival which adds a bit of local flavor. In this remake, we will use the geography of L.A. to move the story forward."

"I ask myself why they chose me and whether I can top it," said Lee. "But then I realize it's not about making it better. It's about making my own version. My strength is dealing with human emotions, austerity and elegance."

Chang and Woo's Lion Rock Prods. will produce along with Taewon Entertainment.

Source: IGN