ACROSS THE UNIVERSE (NOTE: I wasn't sure which thread to post my review in so I copied/pasted and put in in this and the other thread.)

I finally went to see this movie today. Every now and then my instinct is pretty good and it was here I am happy to say.

From the opening scene on it was like a trip (in more ways then one ) down memory lane. Every Beatle song sung to perfection. I can't name any one performer who did not have a good voice and/or who did not perform their song in an appealing way...much to my surprise,and at times in stretches of little or no musical accompaniment. Before going in, I was hesitant, in a way, to hear anyone other than the Beatles sing Beatle songs.

Briefly, it was a love story between a young man from Liverpool, England and an American girl, and then again that was more a sub plot. Yet it had it's poignant moments that brought home memories of the time. The Viet Nam war and it's turmoil is the backdrop.

I recognized Joe Cocker who has aged considerably (although, he always looked old), by his familiar hand movements; Bono was great as the "Walrus"; and the gal who sang I Wanna Hold Your Hand..what a nice and different version of that song. Other than those I mentioned, none of the other names in the cast were familiar to me. Perhaps some are current up and coming stars, I don't know, but they all did a wonderful job. Every character had a familiar Beatle song name (i.e. Jude, Lucy, Maxwell)and with every song the lyrics came right back to me. I could probably say I was disappointed that a few my my Beatle favorites weren't in this movie, but hey, they had so many hits, the movie would have lasted forever to include them all.

I would be very curious "if" anyone else sees this movie for an opinion, especially, if anyone in my generation. I'd like to know your take. I doubt this movie will be in theaters very long. There were only 4/5 people in the theater this morning when I went. Anyway, I'd love to discuss it if anyone else sees it. I'm recommending it to my sister/brothers as well.

If you like the Beatles music and want something different, then you should enjoy this movie. i did. \:\)

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon