Originally Posted By: Irishman12
THE FIFTH ELEMENT 1/2
(First Viewing)

Two hundred and fifty years in the future, life as we know it is threatened by the arrival of Evil. Only the fifth element can stop the Evil from extinguishing life, as it tries to do every five thousand years. She is helped by ex-soldier, current-cab-driver, Korben Dallas, who is, in turn, helped by Prince/Arsenio clone, Ruby Rhod. Unfortunately, Evil is being assisted by Mr. Zorg, who seeks to profit from the chaos that Evil will bring, and his alien mercenaries.

Is there any action movie that Bruce Willis stars in that doesn't kick a$$? He's one of the best action stars even and continues to improve it. Even though his resume is small, I'm really glad they cast Chris Tucker in this. I don't think anybody could have been as effective as him as the fast-talking DJ Ruby Rhod. Finally, I love Gary Oldman but wasn't a huge fan of his southern accent approach with this role. He did a fine job but just thought it was a little odd (which may have been what he was shooting for).

Yes, amazing how you talk a present tense to a movie that came out a decade ago.

So, Mifune really gave his best performance yet in SEVEN SAMURAI, yeah? \:D