Originally Posted By: xNamexTakenx
I loved how Puzo just had to add in a story about Al Capone.

True. But he also had to add all that Hollywood BS and the incredibly boring crap about Lucy and her operation. Puzo was one of those authors (like Ian Fleming of James Bond fame) who couldn't resist adding every fun-filled fact that they ever picked up into all of their novels. Fleming wrote with enough panache that he got away with it. But Puzo spent a lot of time in Hollywood before he wrote GF, and all that completely unnecessary garbage about movie production, parties, Nino in California, etc., was there just so he could show off what he learned. As for Jules and Lucy: Evidently some female relative or acquaintance of his had had the condition he ascribed to Lucy, and had had the operation. Puzo must have interested himself in all of this, and couldn't resist adding it to the novel, even though it had nothing to do with the plot. What really pisses me off about it is realizing that every bit of the Jules/Lucy stuff was put in for one purpose: to allow Puzo to describe the operation.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.