GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Lana), 472 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,437
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,429
Posts1,060,842
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Vacation [Re: Don Cardi] #440088
09/28/07 08:08 PM
09/28/07 08:08 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
LOVE San Diego. Mission Bay, the Navy Yard, the ocean, the zoo, Sea World. Just a great place to relax. We ate at a place called The Reuben E. Lee, which was an old boat on the harbor. Gorgeous views of the skyline.

We've also been to San Francisco and spent a lovely day in Muir Woods and Tiburon, which was having some sort of wine festival at the time, with tastings. Of course, we also did Alcatraz, the waterfront. Stayed at The Westin St. Francis on Union Square. While the location was perfect, the hotel was terribly expensive. Because its an historic hotel, the rooms were TINY. I wouldn't recommend it.

CA is just lovely.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Vacation [Re: Sicilian Babe] #440093
09/28/07 08:26 PM
09/28/07 08:26 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
My ex and I spent two weeks out in Cali (about 1980). Like you guys, we loved it. Stayed at the PSA San Franciscan (right across the street from City Hall in San Francisco). It was one of the few large buildings remaining after the 1906 earthquake and was very nicely redone just prior to our visit. Did all the touristy things there but the Muir Woods were the highlight for me there.

San Diego's zoo is TOTALLY awesome and the best one I've ever visited. We knew some people there who took us out for drinks at some waterfront place and we drank our margaritas right in front of John Wayne's boat (a converted PT boat from WWII).

Its a nice place to visit but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Re: Vacation [Re: Sicilian Babe] #440108
09/28/07 09:25 PM
09/28/07 09:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

... we also did Alcatraz...

Alcatraz! How could I forget that tour. I loved it! Very very interesting. The most frightening thing is when they allowed some of us to go into solitary confinement and closed the door. PITCH BLACK! I can't even imagine spending hour after hour in there never mind week after week!

Alcatraz is a tour that, in my opinion, is a must when visiting San Fran.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Vacation [Re: Don Cardi] #440110
09/28/07 09:29 PM
09/28/07 09:29 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Alcatraz was really great. In addition, I was impressed how they showed the accuracy of Clint Eastwood's "Escape From Alcatraz".

SC, I did love the San Diego Zoo. It was beautiful, but the Bronx Zoo will always be my favorite.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Vacation [Re: Sicilian Babe] #440118
09/28/07 09:55 PM
09/28/07 09:55 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Ha ha!! You guys have seen more partsof CA than me. I have not been to the SD or LA Zoo or the Maddonna Inn. I'm not so much into it I guess. I was at Sea World once in SD when my kids were little. Yea, it was nice, but like I say, I guess it's not my thing becaue I haven't gone since.

Now San Francisco!! I saw Alacatraz back in the 70's. However, when I went to San Francisco a few years ago, I wanted to go but the tours were booked weeks in advance so I didn't get to see it. I'd love to go again.

SB, I too stayed in Union Square but I can't remember what hotel I stayed at. I loved Union Square. That was the time Saladbar and I went to FCC's Winery and although not a huge wine drinker, I did enjoy seeing the winery, seeing FFC's house (from afar) and oh, of course tasting the wine. \:\)

As far as CA sites go, I guess I'd be a traditional tourist. I love to see L.A./Hollywood, Universal Studios, Beverly Hills, etc. I just like it. It's been a while, I'm due to do some touristing. \:\)

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Vacation [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #440123
09/28/07 10:22 PM
09/28/07 10:22 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
 Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
As far as CA sites go, I guess I'd be a traditional tourist. I love to see L.A./Hollywood, Universal Studios, Beverly Hills, etc. I just like it. It's been a while, I'm due to do some touristing.

Beverly Hills was a trip!! I was impressed by the ritzy stores and driving around looking at some of the mansions. (I met James Earl Jones on Rodeo Drive!) I enjoyed the Griffith Observatory (site of "Rebel Without a Cause" ending), and the LaBrea tarpits (I love that kind of stuff). I was somewhat surprised at how seedy Sunset Strip was (hookers all over the place) but wasn't overly impressed by what I saw of the rest of L.A.

Re: Vacation [Re: SC] #440150
09/29/07 12:23 AM
09/29/07 12:23 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
Chopper, while you make your way through the Monterey Peninsula (where I grew up) you could stop into Carmel and visit my families candy store, the Cottage of Sweets \:D

Ironically our specialty is British imported candy, so you'll feel a little at home.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Vacation [Re: Turnbull] #440165
09/29/07 03:44 AM
09/29/07 03:44 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline OP
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline OP
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
 Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Chopper, given all the enthusiasm and helpful advice that your thread has generated, I think you should post a full review of your trip after it's done. I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

of course i mean its a long time before i go but when im back ill post a review and pictures \:\)

If i come across the table and take your f*****g eyes out ,will you remember

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Uw0DUAGo

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pv7H4YkFKs
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull