True, you can't get second hand anything from being obese, unless of course if it's hereditary than I guess would be passed on. \:\/

However, much of the bitching about smokers is the healthcare expense that they can incur from something they bring on themselves. So, as in the obese, they too can have enormous expenses from health problems that occur from being obese. In both cases, if there is no health insurance or limited health insurance, who pays the cost?

Don't misunderstand, I am very happy I have quit smoking and hopefully will never smoke again. As I stated earlier, my cousin is dying of lung cancer and she was part of my motivation for quitting. My sister tells me that many are saying, "well, she bought it on herself" which confirms to me that many are totally heartless and obviously cold hearted when it comes to this particular addiction. It makes me want to cry. I can sense many people do feel that way. I pray I am never that heartless.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/23/07 04:43 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon