I can understand not wanting to sit next to a smoker in a bar, or restuarant.

But, here in CA you simply can not smoke anywhere (restaurants, bars, courthouse, anywhere indoors and even some parks are prohibiting smoking now) so I don't see it as a problem. \:\/

I am attempting to speak as a "non-smoker" if it's fair to call myself that yet. I didn't smoke inside my house, but on my porch or in my car. If I was outside on my porch having a cigaret and it bothered someone else just walking by, I say tough titties!!!

I can drive through Ontario, CA or Norco and smell horseshit for a while and that too will pass. I can see and drive through the smog and shit in the air here that nobody seems to do anything about either. So, while I wouldn't deliberately irritate somone when I smoked, I figure "IF" I still smoked in my house, porch car or anywhere outside where it might still be legal, and somebody passed by and smelled it I wouldn't feel out of bounds at all by continuing to smoke.

Let me add too, that I love saving the tons of money not buying smokes every month. :)I hear they are gonna raise again the tax on ciagarets. Every illness that ails the world will be paid by the taxes they add to punish the smoker. That's another issue I guess though. Perhaps with all the illnesses that the obese get and bring on themselves, they should raise taxes on foods they buy. Yea, I'm being somewhat sarcastic, but still feel it's a valid comparison.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon