Originally Posted By: dontomasso
The Second Avenue Deli was good, but it has closed. I hear, however they may re open at a new location.

Yes, on Third Avenue! But, I understand that the name will remain the same. ("Da name stays like-a before!")

Heard this a few weeks ago on local radio.

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
You're right about a deli on every corner in Brooklyn. Now there's a bodega on every corner.

Also, a new type of food shop has proliferated in Brooklyn - the "International Food" store. (International = Russian)

They are not sit-down restaurants. They are stores dealing in cold cuts, cheeses and (sometimes) fish, with canned goods and mysterious things in jars. Lots of Russian prepared stuff, and seldom anyone in the place who speaks English. These stores are all independent, but seem to invariably have the words "International Foods" on their signs. Signs in the windows are usually in Russian. Americans almost never go into these places.

Oh well...at least there's still Edelman's.

And, before I forget, there's another Kosher Jewish deli not far from the Kings Plaza Mall - the Mill Basin Deli & Art Gallery (yes, you read that right).

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."