Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff
but where can I get spray seltzer?

Canned seltzer will do.

Yeah - especially if you shake the can before you open it!

My grandmother lived in Coney Island until she entered a nursing home around 1993. She always had the old-style seltzer bottles delivered, so I guess there was at least one company that still provided it back then. I'm not sure about nowadays, though. Maybe someone on the Boards knows more about this.

Sometimes those seltzer bottles had a lot of pressure in them. I'll always remember dinner at my aunt's place in Brooklyn one year - she also had the seltzer bottles delivered. I attempted to fill my glass with seltzer, and it shot out with such force that it ricocheted back out of my glass like Old Faithful and sprayed my grandmother in the face (she was sitting next to me). Everyone laughed hysterically - except my grandmother. She was a rather stern character, but it really was like a scene out of a Three Stooges film!

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

ALL RIGHT THAT'S IT!!!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!! I'M GOING TO WOLFIES!!!!

I'm coming Geoffy. Maybe Don T will drive across the state of Florida to meet us.

The Rascal House in Sunny Isles is still open, so let's go.

My Florida memories of Wolfie's were the ones in Miami Beach on Collins Ave., particularly Wolfie's 21. My late uncle was very well-known there and was a regular with his friends. I used to eat there with my parents when I was very young, and later when I would visit relatives. Miss that place - I understand it closed up only a couple of years ago.

I didn't know there was a Wolfie's in New Jersey - does it have a connection to the ones in Florida?

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."