Oh, Irish, what are you thinking?? Backdraft is one of my favorite movies!! The reason that Kurt Russell played their father?? Because A. Sometimes fathers look like their sons, and B. To stress the parental role that Steven had in Brian's life, and how Brian resented him for it.

Um, and why did Baldwin's character keep changing jobs rather than sticking with one? Because that's what the whole movie was about. He was immature. He was never able to stick with anything. That's why his brother sought to protect him, because he was afraid for his brother's life. And that's why the younger brother resented the older one, for always trying to control him.

I thought that the entire cast was very good. I can't believe that you didn't feel a thing throughout the entire movie. Emotionally, the ending absolutely slays me.

I remember seeing Ron Howard on a talk show when this movie first came out. He said that after the premiere, the attendees were sort of milling about outside the theater. A firetruck happened to drive by, sirens blaring. Everyone broke into cheers and applause. Obviously, it appealed to SOME people.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club