Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Ok, How about another place that, in my opinion, is worthy of historical significance:

JAHN'S ICE CREAM PARLORS

We used to frequent two of them; The one on 86th street and 21st Avenue, and the one on Nostrand Avenue and I believe avenue Z.

They later made one on Ave U and Garristen Ave, the former location of The Flame restaurant.

They had really great Ice Cream. They were famous for the Kitchen Sink ice cream dish! Oh, and they had great Cheeseburgers and Shakes too!

Jahn's was a really great place!

I remember Jahn's quite well. Back in the 1970s I used to go with friends to the one on 86th St. and order their "Suicide a la Mode".

I do remember going to the one on Gerritsen Ave. one time - in 1975 on my 20th birthday. They used to give you something for free if it was your birthday (as I remember), so I went with a girl I was seeing at the time. We ended up with the surliest, most ornery waiter I had ever encountered up to that time. I'll always remember that time at Jahn's, but for all the wrong reasons!

I never went back to that place - after that it was strictly 86th Street.

There was another Jahn's I'll always remember, though: In Miami Beach, on Collins Ave., there was a Jahn's many years ago. This is the area now known as South Beach. One summer, around 1961, I fell madly in love with a waitress named Sheila who had a huge, pink beehive hairdo. I was all of five years old, and had never seen anything like it before. The Miami Beach Jahn's closed up a year or two later, but to this day I can still remember Sheila and her pink hair.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."