BACKDRAFT
(First Viewing)

As a child Brian McCafferty watched his firefighter father die. Years later he joins his brother, Steven in the force by becoming a rookie firefighter. There is a history of conflict between the two brothers that is heated up by working together. With this background, a series of suspicious fires are set, each made to kill a specific person. After becoming frightened at a fire, Brian pulls strings to get into an investigative office and finds that he is now not putting out the arsonist's fires, but trying to track him down.

I thought this film tried to do too much. First Baldwin is a firefighter, then an investigator and a firefighter again. Stick with one position and go with it! Also, I was intrigued by seeing De Niro's name attached to this film, but unfortunately he's not in it very much. And what's with using William Baldwin as the lead actor? William Baldwin? At least have the decency to use Alec if one's going to use any of the Baldwin brothers. Also, why did Kurt Russell play his father in the opening scene if he would be playing his brother throughout the duration of the film? Ultimately, this filmed didn't have any effect on me. When watching a film, I like to feel something (excitement, humor or otherwise) but I was pretty numb after watching it. I could care less about this film or the characters, so when something does happen to a critical figure, I bat an eye at it.