THE CONDEMNED 1/2
(First Viewing)

"The Condemned" tells the story of Joe Conrad (Stone Cold Steve Austin), who is awaiting the death penalty in a corrupt Central American prison. He is "purchased" by a wealthy television producer and taken to a desolate island where he must fight to the death against nine other condemned killers from all corners of the world, with freedom going to the sole survivor.

I understand why this film didn't do so well at the box office. Because the film's main star, Stone Cold Steve Austin, isn't the main star and is underutilized! Rather Robert Mammone, the wealthy TV producer seems to get most of the air time. Furthermore the film seems to follow the internal struggles Mammone has with his staff than on the actual prisoners/fighters/competition. In addition, the fight scenes were sloppy and short, hardly enough to gain the audiences attention let alone excitement. I was excited to see a Stone Cold and Vinnie Jones face off and it's hardly existent. While Vinnie is used almost as much as Stone Cold, it's not the Vinnie Jones I love and remember. I can't put my finger on it but for some reason, something was missing with him.

Between THE MARINE and THE CONDEMNED, I can't really decide which I liked more. THE MARINE definitely had more explosions and action, however THE CONDEMNED does have Stone Cold, Vinnie Jones, and the whole jungle fighting scene going for it. I hear Stone Cold is signed for a three picture deal and I hope he does finish out the remainder of his contract. If he does, hopefully next time he'll be the main star

WWE Films thus far:
-SEE NO EVIL
-THE MARINE 1/2
-THE CONDEMNED 1/2