Originally Posted By: Irishman12
CARRY ON EMMANUELLE 1/2
(First Viewing)

The beautiful and sex-starved Emmannuelle Prevert just cannot inflame her husband's ardour. In frustration she seduces a string of VIPs, including the Prime Minister and the American Ambassador. A jealous lover gives a list of all her conquests to the national press and a scandal ensues. But will she ever manage to get her own husband into bed?

Not really sure why this is in the sexplotation section of the grinhouse set. There were a couple of booty shots and that was about it. Horrible film. English humor (which I'm not a fan of) and this woman was just a complete whore in every sense of the word. She doesn't believe in the confines of a marriage.
Place the film in its cultural and historical context. You're hardly going to see nipples - the Carry On films are the embodiment of English bourgeois hypocrisy - that stiff upper lip we're noted for undermined by repressed sexual perversity and general social absurdity, probably remnants from that most tyrannical of dwarfs, Queen Victoria.

Any other of the Carry On films in that set? I don't think I've ever seen one all the way through - their broad, cheap humour isn't my kind of thing at all, however useful windows they are into the British film industry and the public that consumed it at the time.

As a matter of curiosity, check out the Confessions series - more of the same, but somehow more tolerable than the Carry On franchise. My favourite is Confessions of a Window Cleaner.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?