Originally Posted By: J Geoff
...but really... "Tuna Sauce"????

Yep. Tuna Sauce. And, all innuendo aside, it happens to be quite delicious.

...in any event... I only get tuna in WATER... the tuna in OIL is just plain disgusting. But when it comes in water, I include it all, water and all -- makes up for evaporation.

Since this sauce is not originally designed to be heated, there shouldn't be an issue with evaporation (if that's how you mean it); you can certainly choose not to drain all the water from the tuna before using it. And many years ago, canned tuna was only available in oil. But, as the wheel had only recently been invented, it was probably a little bit before your time. \:p

For the record, I prefer tuna in water. Nowadays, a lot of canola oil is used in canned tuna, and I intensely dislike its taste. I won't even cook with it, no matter what all those health-conscious Food Police folks keep preaching.

What will it take to get people to fully revolt against the jarred "garlic"?

Well, I severely modified the original wording of my post in this regard...perhaps I shouldn't have! Here I was trying (for once) to be nice and diplomatic. \:\/ Yeah - I think I'll go back and edit what I wrote.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."