Originally Posted By: Don Vercetti
Kanye West is great, as a rapper and especially as a producer.
he gave the boost to albums like Jay-Z's The Blueprint and others, being one of the few to use many classic music, even like The Doors as a sample.

Kanye West is nothing like 50 Cent, who sucks at everything. Thoguh I can see why some are annoyed by Kanye in the media, but that aside, I'd like to see anyone criticize his production, which he carries greatly into his own material.

Reynolds, no offense, but I think Tupac is horribly overrated. Notorious BIG wins that battle.

don vercetti i agree will agree with u in the fact that notorious big is the greatest lyrical rapper of all time, his lyrics are crushing tupac. i like tupac for his talent on the mic but also the deepness to his lyrics, he was a more intellectual mc than biggie who was the best at describing his struggle in the hood. biggie is the goat lyrically, tupac jus brought a deeper sense to hip-hop. on the kanye side of things his rap and lyrics are not good, but his production is on point, he definetly boosted The Blueprint which is classic.

greatest mcs of all time:

1. biggie- greatest lyrical rapper ever. life after death

2. nas -favorite mc. illmatic, lost tapes, stillmatic

3. tupac- most influential. the don killuminati: 7 day theory

4. rakim - paid in full

5. big l -wouldve been probably the best ever despite tragic death, many mcs of recent times have borrowed his style. the big picture.

Last edited by reynols; 09/16/07 03:07 PM.

Time You Enjoy Wasting, was not wasted - John Lennon

A man who nevers spends time with his family can never be a real man - Don Vito Corleone