Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
I think we can sum up this in one sentence: current main-stream hip hop sucks. Hip hop, as a highly profitable, radio friendly market is dead. But, as an art form, I think it is alive and well... There are plenty of excellent hip hop acts out right now, the major record labels just have their heads shoved up their asses too far to realize it.

That's right.Mainstream rap is about everything BUT the music.Real hiphop is about creating magic with your native language,painting mental pictures and mentally stimulating the listener.But sadly,75% of the worlds population think what they see on t.v or hear on the radio,is all hiphop has to offer.My song is currently number one on the Aussie hiphop charts and it's raw as fuck.No gimmicks,image or conformist style.Straight hiphop.I think the word hiphop also adds to the average person not taking the time to really find real musicianship in this genre.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato