The PayPal scam is a very common one. I've used PayPal and never had any trouble, but I never click on links in unsolicited E-mails. When in doubt, go to the official PayPal website.

Other common scams:

Ebay scams. It's usually some bullshit to the effect of "your account has been suspended" or "congratulations - you're now an Ebay Power Seller" or any one of a number of phony come-ons that try and get you to click on a link on the E-mail.

The same type of unsolicited scams can also come from banks (allegedly). Sometimes they say "there's trouble with you account" or "your account shows unauthorized activity" or some other crap. Again, don't click on any links.

Crap that promises you money for taking online surveys. Sometimes "sponsored" by a bank, sometimes from "other" sources. Avoid it.

If you want to see where the links contained in these scam E-mail really point to, take your mouse and let the pointer hover over the clickable links. The real web address should appear, and it's always someplace quite different than the site it purports to be from - and is usually from a foreign country, as well.

Also, note this: If you really do have an Ebay or PayPal account, the bogus E-mails will usually say "Dear Ebay user" or "Dear PayPal user" or something like that - they will never have your actual user name. That's another way you know it's fraudulent.

Spam = Scam

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."