GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 308 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,964
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 262 of 319 1 2 260 261 262 263 264 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #431629
09/06/07 12:08 AM
09/06/07 12:08 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
DEAD PRESIDENTS
(First Viewing)

This action film, directed by the Hughes brothers, depicts a heist of old bills, retired from circulation and destined by the government to be "money to burn." However, more broadly, it addresses the issues of Black Americans' involvement in the Vietnam War and their subsequent disillusionment with progress in social issues and civil rights back home in the United States, during the 1960's.

Oh where or where have the Hughes brothers gone? Their first two films, MENANCE II SOCIETY and DEAD PRESIDENTS were all great works, bringing to the forefront the struggles of being black either in L.A. during the early 1990s or a war veteran in the 1970s in New York. Then they switched gears and directed, IMO their most underrated film FROM HELL in 2001. Since then, I haven't heard much from them \:\(

As for the film, I wasn't expecting it to be a war and postwar film. Going into it I thought it was just a movie about a money heist. However, I did like the war element, particularly from a black characters point of view. I haven't seen many war films that deal exclusively with African-American soldiers/actors, so it was definitely a nice change to see the underrepresented minorities. Also, the hardships they faced when coming back home was even more dishearting because the characters had to turn to a life of crime to survive. On a final note, Clifton Powell as Cutty was probably my favorite character. He was only in two scenes but in his last scene he was absolutely dynamite (just so smooth and coy at times and then in an instant he's on top of you with a gun threating you).

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #431649
09/06/07 02:21 AM
09/06/07 02:21 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Damnation ****
This Hungarian movie, directed by Bela Tarr, is a masterpiece. Definitely now in my top favorites. Filmed in BW, this is a great depiction of hopelessness and helplessness. The main character is damned either way, by choosing or rejecting life and insanity being the only way to escape the reality of unrequited love. Great music and camera work. Highly recommended.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #432067
09/07/07 12:46 AM
09/07/07 12:46 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE BRIDE WORE BLACK 1/2
(First Viewing)

After trying to commit suicide, the widow Julie Kohler (Jeanne Moreau) pretends to her mother that she will leave her town. Actually she stays, chases and assassinates the five men that accidentally killed her beloved husband in the stairs of the church immediately after their wedding ceremony.

Another KILL BILL influence that I find to be the strongest source for QT's latest masterpiece. The editing at times was choppy which resulted in some scenes being rushed and there wasn't much of a soundtrack (which didn't take away from the film but it would have been nice to hear some music). Jeanne Moreau was great as the main character but I felt she could or should have been more cold/sinister to these gentlemen who killed her husband. As for the ending, I couldn't have asked for a better one. For fans of French or QT's films, I would highly recommend this. Although it probably would never happen, this is a movie I'd love to see Criterion take a crack at.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: J Geoff] #432080
09/07/07 03:16 AM
09/07/07 03:16 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I watched THE OUTSIDER (2005) last night, a documentary about James Toback making WHEN WILL I BE LOVED (2004, w/ Neve Campbell, Dominic Chianese, Mike Tyson), and absolutely fell in love with this non-mainstream writer/director! Not sure how I missed him until now -- he wrote Bugsy -- but his degenerate attitude is awesome!

Okay, so I saw WHEN WILL I BE LOVED tonight, and wonder WTF! Not only did I fall asleep in the middle of it, I thought there were many HORRIBLE aspects of it! Editing sucked!! Golden Rule is, if you notice an edit, it's a bad edit. And guess what? The edits stood out like a sore thumb! \:\/

But then I wondered, was that on purpose or not? I'm no expert, so now gotta ask... Capo et al... ever seen this film, or other Toback films? Please explain. I have FINGERS for probably tomorrow night.

I loved the director's attitude, in the documentary.... but so far not so good in actual production... \:\/

PS - Neve Campbell naked made it at least a little interesting ;\)

Last edited by J Geoff; 09/07/07 03:18 AM.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: J Geoff] #432301
09/07/07 07:10 AM
09/07/07 07:10 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

PS - Neve Campbell naked made it at least a little interesting ;\)

You must have loved "Wild things".

Last edited by Beth E; 09/07/07 07:11 AM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Beth E] #432519
09/08/07 01:43 AM
09/08/07 01:43 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Werckmeister Harmonies **
Directed by Bela Tarr. The word 'harmony' is used in the film to mean both peace as well as musical note. The apparent order in the society is compared to the complex notes developed for musical instruments. The idea is that both of these are artificial and when de-constructed, they reveal a type of irrevocable harmony. One that is designed by nature and not by man. A complex film with great camera work. You can also see a scene from this movie directly lifted and used in Gerry by Gus Van Sant - two characters walking and we can only see their heads swinging rhythmically accompanied by the sounds of their footsteps.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #432881
09/09/07 11:01 PM
09/09/07 11:01 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
MISSISSIPPI BURNING 1/2
(First Viewing)

Two FBI agents investigating the murder of civil rights workers during the 60s seek to breach the conspiracy of silence in a small Southern town where segregation divides black and white. The younger agent trained in FBI school runs up against the small town ways of his former Sheriff partner.

Willem Dafoe and Gene Hackman worked very good together as partners. I really respected Dafoe's character who always did things by the book and always held his composure. However, at the same time I really respected Hackman's character who was so angry for a change, he didn't care how it came about. Dafoe's character was a better character study who tries to do things the right way, but unfortunately, during that time period in that atmosphere, the rules needed to be bent before solutions could be made to deal with the problems. My favorite line from the film had to be when the sherriff asked Hackman's character if he liked baseball, to which Hackman replied, "Yeah, I do. You know, it's the only time when a black man can wave a stick at a white man and not start a riot."

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #432885
09/09/07 11:48 PM
09/09/07 11:48 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I mentioned writer/director James Toback recently and thought he was an interesting character. Well, I saw When Will I Be Loved (2004) the other day and wasn't too thrilled, but you guys gotta see Fingers (1978) -- if just for the cast! Harvey Keitel, Michael V. Gazzo (Pentangeli), Danny Aiello, Lenny Montana (Luca Brasi), Tony Sirico (Paulie Walnuts), Dominic Chianese (Uncle Junior)(was also in WWIBL)...!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: J Geoff] #433330
09/10/07 03:16 PM
09/10/07 03:16 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

you missed this one. \:\)

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: DE NIRO] #433408
09/10/07 08:16 PM
09/10/07 08:16 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE BASKETBALL DIARIES 1/2
(First Viewing)

Jim Carroll (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a high school basketball player. His life centers around the basketball, and his dream is being a basketball star. Once in a while he gets stoned with his friends, and step by step, he falls into the dark world of crime and drugs. Once his mother expelled him out of the house, he goes into the streets of New York, and together with his friends they take drugs for which they steal, rob and even kill. As the time pass, Jim's situation becomes worse. It looks like he will never get out from the his drug addiction.

One reason why I'm not a fan of drugie movies, they're so depressing. About 60-70 minutes of the film is Leo just totally destroying himself. I'll give Leonardo DiCaprio mega props for doing a great job in this film. He was 21 when it was released and he looked about 15 or 16 (which was the age of the character). Same thing applies to Mark Wahlberg who was 24 and did a great job in only his 3rd film.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #433799
09/11/07 03:29 PM
09/11/07 03:29 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
DOA: DEAD OR ALIVE
(First Viewing)

DOA is a martial arts tournament where the world's best fighters participate in a contest, where combatants faces each other on a mysterious island, where the loser who gets knocked-out will be forced to leave the island and return home. And the winner will be moved on the next match. Three female fighters are chosen to take part in DOA: Christie Allen, a sexy jewel thief, Tina Armstrong, a tough-as-nails pro-wrestler and Kasumi, a Ninja princess. Once arriving on the island after jumping out of their airplane with parachutes, Christie, Tina and Kasumi finds they aren't just fighting for the championship, they find themselves up against Tornament master Donovan, the previous tournament master's teenage daughter Helena Douglas is also taking part in DOA to honor her father's legacy, Kasumi has left her kingdom to find what happened to her brother who mysteriously disappeared at the tournament a year ago, Tina is taking part to prove she isn't a fake and Christie and her lover Maximillian Marsh bid to break into a vault on the island. But Donovan has his own agenda and has other plans for the female fighters.

Let me start off by saying I'm not a fan of video game films. I went into this thinking it'd be a laugher and I was proved wrong. This is my second favorite video game film behind only MORTAL KOMBAT and features the return of Eric Roberts. Where he went I have no idea but I haven't seen him since 2003's very forgettable NATIONAL SECURITY and before that a short stint on HBO's best show pre-SOPRANOS, OZ.

I think this would be a film pizzboy would enjoy the most. If you're a fan of video game films, a$$-kicking women, THE TRANSPORTER (director Corey Yuen directed both),Eric Roberts or all of the above, then this is the film for you. Plenty of action with a runtime just under 90 minutes. My only complaint about the film was the lack of steam the film had in the last 20 minutes or so.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #433822
09/11/07 04:18 PM
09/11/07 04:18 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
(First Viewing)

One reason why I'm not a fan of drugie movies, they're so depressing. ... I'll give Leonardo DiCaprio mega props for doing a great job in this film....

What are you, insane? \:o

1.5 stars for such a TERRIFIC movie simply because it's depressing?????

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: J Geoff] #433823
09/11/07 04:20 PM
09/11/07 04:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
You mean you didn't love the upbeat ending of LESS THAN ZERO?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: pizzaboy] #433860
09/11/07 07:04 PM
09/11/07 07:04 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
You mean you didn't love the upbeat ending of LESS THAN ZERO?

Never saw it

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #433863
09/11/07 07:06 PM
09/11/07 07:06 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Very downbeat movie, my sarcasm aside.

It was an early glimpse into Robert Downey Jr's genius, but who knew he was just playing himself?

You should check it out.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: pizzaboy] #433976
09/12/07 01:26 AM
09/12/07 01:26 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
YOUNG MR. LINCOLN
(First Viewing)

A family traveling through New Salem in their covered wagon need groceries from Abe Lincoln's store and the only thing of value they have that he'll take in exchange is a law book. He talks about his ambitions with a young woman. She dies. He moves to nearby Springfield, the new state capital, and opens a law office with a friend. He meets a young woman visiting from Kentucky, who wasn't born in a log cabin, Mary Todd. Then when a man is killed at a 4th of July picnic he stops a lynching by telling the angry mob he really needs these clients for his first real case.

Everytime I see a Henry Fonda movie I enjoy watching the man's work more. I haven't seen many of his films (this film, THE GRAPES OF WRATH, 12 ANGRY MEN, THE LONGEST DAY, and BATTLE OF THE BULGE), but he continues to make me a fan. Fonda hit a homerun with this role. When I think of Abraham Lincoln, I think of Fonda's Lincoln. A quiet gentleman, who wasn't flashy or loud but respected by all. He also favored him very much visually. An interesting look into Lincoln's early life that I wasn't to aware of. Now I'm looking even more forward to Steven Spielberg's 2009 film LINCOLN

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #433982
09/12/07 02:43 AM
09/12/07 02:43 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
"Young Mr. Lincoln" is one of my favorite bio-flicks. Fonda overdid the reverence in which we hold Lincoln, but he got away with it (because he's Henry Fonda - ).

I absolutely loved the courtroom scene in which he's questioning Ward Bond and the subject of Bond's character's name comes up - Jack Cass! Absolutely hilarious!!

The ending scene when Fonda is walking down the rode in the rainstorm is completely overdone, but its one of my favorite movie moments of all time.

If you're looking for a few Fonda film recommendations, I'd suggest "On Golden Pond" (with Katherine Hepburn and his final movie), "My Darling Clementine" (a decent western in which he plays Wyatt Earp) and "In Harm's Way" (a good war flick; Fonda has a somewhat small role as Admiral Halsey).

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: SC] #434008
09/12/07 04:55 AM
09/12/07 04:55 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: SC

If you're looking for a few Fonda film recommendations, I'd suggest "On Golden Pond" (with Katherine Hepburn and his final movie)

I absolutely love that movie. A great tear jerker, but then it makes you laugh.

"What's that"?
"That's a lawn chair".

"Wanna go suck face".

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Beth E] #434009
09/12/07 05:05 AM
09/12/07 05:05 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I'll never be able to get enough of Kate Hepburn, but Henry Fonda was totally awesome in that movie. Knowing that some of the issues he faced with his daughter (in both the movie and real life) were acted out here only added to the movie's greatness.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: SC] #434010
09/12/07 05:06 AM
09/12/07 05:06 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

"Why was that son of a bitch never my friend".

You know Jane was saying it to her father in real life.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Beth E] #434013
09/12/07 05:11 AM
09/12/07 05:11 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Absolutely. That only added to the scene!!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: SC] #434109
09/12/07 11:09 AM
09/12/07 11:09 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
 Originally Posted By: SC
I absolutely loved the courtroom scene in which he's questioning Ward Bond and the subject of Bond's character's name comes up - Jack Cass! Absolutely hilarious!!

Yeah, the courtroom scenes were surprisingly pretty hilarious

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #434370
09/12/07 03:47 PM
09/12/07 03:47 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
RETURN OF THE TIGER
(First Viewing)

An international narcotics ring struggles to dominate the Southeast Asian drug market in this action-packed martial arts film. Bruce Li is the only thing standing in their way.

This is probably the other film Quentin Tarantino contributed to the L.A. Grindhouse Film Festival. Now don't get confused, this isn't the Bruce Lee we all know and love. Just a look alike with a similar name (it was made 6 years after his death in any case). The sound effects really made this film and at the beginning, the fight scenes were nice. The final battle between Bruce and the main boss was enjoyable as well and long. It reminded me of the fight between Rowdy Roddy Piper and Keith David in THEY LIVE with its length.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #434429
09/12/07 06:42 PM
09/12/07 06:42 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE EVIL THAT MEN DO 1/2
(First Viewing)

A professional killer comes out ot retirement to investigate and avenge the brutal murder of an old friend.

I had seen the beginning of this when I was younger and I finally was able to see the rest of it. I think this is the first feature role of Charles Bronson that I've seen and I can understand why he has a sizeable following. He was good onscreen and somewhat of an action hero you could look up to. Has anyone ever seen him in MR. MAJESTYK?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #434509
09/12/07 11:59 PM
09/12/07 11:59 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE OUTSIDERS 1/2
(Second Viewing)

Based on the novel of the same name. The story of young men growing up facing hard times where they have little going for them. Two opposing groups, the Greasers and the Socs, continually fight against each other and their "turf".

I remember reading the book and seeing this film in middle school. It was also on TV a couple of weeks ago and peeked my interest. A great and very youthful cast of characters who have, for the most part, all gone on to have very successful movie careers. As for the story, it didn't have any affect on me personally. It was enjoyable but as I was as numb about it after watching it as I was before I rewatched it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #434516
09/13/07 02:08 AM
09/13/07 02:08 AM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
I know more women that love The Outsiders than men. I liked the movie, but I agree with you Irish, it didn't really affect me. When that movie is brought up around all the women (of all ages) that I know it turns into "I LOVE THAT MOVIE! LET'S WATCH IT!". So, in my house I have watched it more times that I would have liked because us guys are outnumbered by the girls. \:\/

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Irishman12] #434517
09/13/07 02:10 AM
09/13/07 02:10 AM
I
Ice Offline
Underboss
Ice  Offline
I
Underboss

A Place in the Sun(1951) is a film which tells the story of a working class young man who is entangled with two women, one who works in his wealthy uncle's factory and the other a beautiful socialite. It stars Montgomery Clift, Elizabeth Taylor, Shelley Winters, Anne Revere, Keefe Brasselle and Raymond Burr.The film is best known for the celebrated dance scene between Clift and Taylor, shot in extreme closeup by director George Stevens.

The movie was adapted by Harry Brown and Michael Wilson from the novel An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser and the adapted play by Patrick Kearney. It was directed by George Stevens. The film has been deemed "culturally significant" by the United States Library of Congress and selected for preservation in the National Film Registry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Place_in_the_Sun

One of the staple pieces of FILM NOIR, IMO.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: Ice] #434563
09/13/07 04:36 AM
09/13/07 04:36 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
I liked 'outsiders' very much. The character of ponyboy and the whole 'stay gold' theme. Not many teen movies really deal with that kind of message. Also all the scenes shot in various stages of night and daybreak are really good visually.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: svsg] #434699
09/13/07 09:50 AM
09/13/07 09:50 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
FREEDOM WRITERS (2007) **1/2

I caught this last night. Hilary Swank as an idealist teacher in gang-infested Long Beach, California. The story has been done to death, most recently in 1995's DANGEROUS MINDS. Still, I kind of enjoyed it. Swank was believable (she always is) and Patrick Dempsey was given just enough dialogue so that you'd never know he can't act.

Worth seeing.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion [Re: J Geoff] #434747
09/13/07 11:33 AM
09/13/07 11:33 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
(First Viewing)

One reason why I'm not a fan of drugie movies, they're so depressing. ... I'll give Leonardo DiCaprio mega props for doing a great job in this film....

What are you, insane? \:o

1.5 stars for such a TERRIFIC movie simply because it's depressing?????

And you pounce on me for asking him to explain for his madness?

Boomerang baby!

Page 262 of 319 1 2 260 261 262 263 264 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull