Originally Posted By: Turnbull [/quote

First reaction: Fredo was too dumb to report Geary's presence at his brothel to Michael. But Fredo was just simple enough to see it as something that'd give him bragging rights. Remember how he bursts in on Michael while he's with Sonny's daughter Francesca and Gardiner Shaw, shouting, "Hey Mike, guess who's here? Frankie Five Angels!" I see him bursting in on Michael the first time he learned of Geary's peccadillos: "Hey Mikey, guess who's a regular at my joint? Senator Geary!"

Excellent point (and an excellent scene that should have not been cut). However once Michael left, Fredo could have just as easily bragged to Tom about how that important Senator he saw at the party wa a regular at the whorehouse.

But putting aside whether this was a Michael plan or a Tom-Neri plan, how was Fredo "handled" for this? Tom tells Geary that if it had not been Fredo's place they could not help him, implying that Fredo had the sense to call Tom when the hooker died. I cannot believe whoever planned this murder/blackmail
would have had Fredo very involved.

BTW it seems hookers are exempt from Clemenza's "pain in the ass innocent bystanders" rule. The women who slept with Tattaglia and Geary now sleep with the fishes!

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."