Well, I guess that's another drawback to text-based communication, huh? \:\/

I personally don't know how much depth there is behind his sited comments, but who knows. I think, partially, having the alleged best military and economy is part of the problem... In his eyes of course. A strong military and strong economy are seemingly both the cause and effect of imperialism, and that's what it all comes down to. We, have an on-again/off-again history of imperialism (along with several other targeted Westernized nations such as England)... And now that we've seemed to have reached the age of globalization, I think that a main root of Islamic fundamentalism and related terrorism is fear. But it doesn't just end at that; they've chosen to fight their fear of America's overseas expansion by scaring the shit out of the western world.

So, simply put, Osama notes the U.S.'s attributes, and why shouldn't he? It wouldn't make very much sense to say that America is impoverished and militarily weak.

Well, I don't know, those are my first thoughts, without taking the time to really analyze the facts in depth.

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 09/07/07 09:04 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."