Donatello, I just saw that on the Sun Times web site and you beat me to the post! Very amusing.

Try the thin crust with cheese and sausage at Armand's...

Sandwiches at Gene's Deli are fantastic. About ten years ago, I sent a co-worker there to pick-up lunch. He said he walked in the door, and a group of older men seated at a back table immediately ceased all conversation and proceeded to stare at him while he stood at the counter. A gentleman got up from the table, walked behind the counter, smiled and asked my friend, "What can I get for you?" My friend runs through the order (for 10 people!) and the guy behind the counter starts putting together the sandwiches. It takes about 15 minutes, and the entire time my friend was there, he said he could feel everyone's eyes burning a hole through him. Guy behind the counter goes about his business like he's been waiting for my buddy all day, finishes the order, takes his money, smiles and tells him, "Thanks! Come back again!" My friend leaves to the stares of the people still seated at the table, and he says he was maybe two feet away from the door when they started talking again. He said he has no idea who was seated at the table, but he would like to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation!

John Kass, a columnist for the Chicago Tribune, has written a few entertaining pieces about tracking down people while dining at La Scarola.

tony b.

"Kid, these are my f**kin' work clothes."
"You look good in them golf shoes. You should buy 'em"