As I remember, The Galloping Gourmet started in the late 1960s. Jack LaLanne was still on TV as well, but he had been on for years before that. (Mr. LaLanne is believed to be 243 years old. \:p )

Here's a recent photo of Graham Kerr:

It seems he's still quite active. Here's his website:

Graham Kerr

I've been watching Lidia Bastianich for years, and have read a few of her cookbooks. I borrowed them from my local libraries, because they're quite pricey! I could put together several good meals for the price of one of her cookbooks! What I like about her is that many times she will tell you not just how to cook something, but what happens to things (chemically) when they cook, and why. Very educational, and quite interesting. There was a time, though, that whenever we turned on one of her programs, she was preparing something with tentacles. Time after time, her shows seemed to feature her cleaning, peeling, or otherwise hacking away at some squid, octopus, or other similar creature from the deep. We nicknamed her "Squidia".

But definitely check out Nick Stellino. He is from Sicily, and is a marvelous character. Extremely charismatic. I've used a few of his recipes. Here is his website:

Nick Stellino's Family Kitchen

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."