I certainly remember Graham Kerr, AKA The Galloping Gourmet. Actually, he was more like The Staggering Gourmet - always pausing every few minutes to have "a slurp" from an ever-present glass of white wine he kept within arm's reach. His show was quite big over 30 years ago. He also wrote a few books that sold well. He finally went public with his drinking problem, sobered up, then didn't seem to do as much. I remember a show called Take Kerr years ago, but I think this was a short "filler" type show and didn't last very long. I don't know if he's been active lately.

I think that Southern fellow was Justin Wilson and his PBS show was called Justin Wilson's Louisiana Cooking or something similar. I used to watch him from time to time.

I know Mary Ann Esposito has an Italian cooking show that is carried here on a daily basis be several PBS stations. I believe it's called Ciao Italia. I'm not aware of her having a show on The Food Network, but, hey - even I don't know everything! ;\)

One of my favorites is Nick Stellino. He's had a PBS show for a few years now. He's also written several cookbooks. Quite a likable and engaging personality. Anybody else watch his show?

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."