Originally Posted By: MaryCas

Sparks Steak House - the sidewalk in front is the place where Big Paulie Castellano got whacked by John Gotti. The steaks are very good. A potatoe costs $8 five years ago. Bring money.

Sparks Steak House is still the cream of the crop of steak houses as far as I am concerned. Their steaks are still excellent, their lamb chops are the best that I've ever eaten, and their lobster is to die for, not to mention the great job that the waiters do taking it out of the shell for you. The service at Sparks is impeccable!

For my son's 16th birthday, we told him that he could pick 5 of his closest friends and pick any restaurant that he wanted to go to for dinner. Well he picked Sparks. We wound up being a total of 10 people. We rented a limo and took he and his friends there. As part of the appetizers I ordered 5 orders of lamb chops, which come 3 to an order. However I always have them butterfly them and it winds up becoming 6 to an order. So we had 30 lamb chops as part of the appetizers. I figured that 3 lamb chops per person for an appetizer would be plenty to go with some of the other appetizers that I ordered. Wrong! Those boys devoured those lamb chops and loved them so much that they asked me if I could order some more! I did and they ate another round of lamb chops! Not to mention that they also knocked off the baked clams, the shrimp scampi, and the main course of steaks and lobsters.

Yes, it is a pretty expensive place, no doubt. But then again you get what you pay for. To me it's well worth the price. Unfortunatley you can't afford go their once a week, or come to think of it even once a month for that matter.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.