Originally Posted By: SC
 Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
SC or DC, do you guys remember a hamburger chain named Wetson's (or maybe it was Wetsin's?)?

Yeah... Wetson's was big on the Island in the late 60's/early 70's. I remember them as being a glorified White Castle, but their fries were pretty good.

Sardi's was a fun spot... just looking at all the pictures on the walls could take a few hours. I don't remember the food as great but the service sure was.

Fraunces Tavern (downtown Manhattan) was a wonderful historical place. George Washington bid farewell to his troops there and they tried to keep the menu somewhat "timely" to the period and the food was pretty good. They're still open and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in Americana.

Yes I remember Wetsons. There were several of them in brooklyn.

I recently ate at SARDI'S . The family and I went to see a broadway play and we didn't have dinner reservations for any of the area restaurants. Every place had an hour wait except Sardi's. To tell you the truth the food is still pretty good. Not a place that I would go out of the way to eat at, but at the same time I would go back there if the same situation that I was in arose.

I also ate at two other historic places the last few times we went to see a broadway play :

FRANKIE & JOHNNY'S Steakhouse and BROADWAY JOE Steakhouse

Both are still very good.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.