Originally Posted By: Don Alessandrio
 Originally Posted By: goombah
As an Ohio State fan, I am thoroughly embarrassed by the schedule that Tressel and his staff devised this year. If they want to get better, they need to schedule tougher opponents to compete with the PAC-10 and SEC conferences.

I can do nothing but laugh hysterically at the outcome of the Appalachian State/Michigan game. \:D All the hype surrounding Michigan being a supposed national title contender and they lose their first frigging game. Let be me the first to cast my vote: Lloyd Carr deserves a lifetime extension to bungle the Wolverines.

I hope you are aware that the schedule is completed 3 to 4 years ahead of time. Also in the next 4 years the Bucks have a home and home series with USC and Miami(FL)and I am not sure if it was inked yet but a home and home with VA Tech was in the works as well. This after just having a series with Texas. OSU wil always play MAC schools becuase the Big Ten has a contract with the MAC. True they don't need to play 2 in the same year but I think OSU is doing a fine job in scheduling tough non- conference opponents. This year is not as great as years to come but it wil lbe exciting next year I promise.

Yes I knew schedules were done in advance, but I didn't realize that it was 3-4 years out. I knew it was not a direct reaction to last year and the players lost, but I still think it's a lame set of opponents for most of this year. I knew about USC starting next year, but was unaware of Miami and Va Tech. Thanks for the info!

I still am of the opinion that OSU's schedule last year, outside of Texas and Michigan, contributed to their not being ready for a quality SEC opponent in a bowl game. I think the USC games for '08 & '09 will be good measuring sticks.