So, It's been an interesting day for me. The weather has been very weird here today. Hot (106) kind of muggy, reminding me somewhat of Michigan and tornado weather. While at my daughter's, there was a fire in the vicinity with black smoke darkening the sky and ashes literally falling on the ground. Sirens going, airplanes that fly over the fire to put out the flames all of course adding to the hot hot weather. Yet when it's as dry as it is here, there is always cause for concern.

Then, to top it all off we had an earthquake that centered about 10 miles from my area (4.5 but felt stronger to me). It shook the whole house, knocked a picture off the wall and sent us scrambling for cover, all the while trying to not act too panicy in front of the grandkids who were asking their mother, "what's happening mommie?" Try and explain what an earthquake is to a 3 &5 year old.

Fortunately all is well, the fire's out, no more quakes and we even managed to go eat at a great pizza/Italian restaurant called NYPD's. My calzone was great.

An interesting day to be sure.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/02/07 10:15 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon